[free-sklyarov] Fw: Correction: Protests *not* cancelled

Alex Fabrikant alexf at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 20 16:43:24 PDT 2001

As a friend of mine has just pointed out, Hemos has managed to make the
update rather ambiguous due to a double meaning of the term "hold".
Reproduced below, with ambiguous part underlined:

+++
A number of people have sent in the e-mail that just crossed the
free-sklyarov mailing list, that essentially states that the EFF and Adobe
will have a meeting July 23rd. They are putting planned proest on hold.
Click below for more information.Update: 07/20 11:25 PM by H: Thanks to
all the folks who e-mailed me; the EFF is asking for the protests to be
put on hold, but from what I've seen in my inbox, the protests are still
being planned. To reinforce this: The EFF is asking to hold the protests,
but planners are still moving ahead with this.
+++

I suppose this only works in favor of those of us who are still working on
escalating momentum for the protests, though...

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Jey Kottalam wrote:

> Well, I (and a bunch of others) got Hemos to fix the slashdot story
> indicating that the protests were canceled. Slashdot is now "fixed". =)
>
> -Jey Kottalam

-alexf