[free-sklyarov] Fighting the DMCA

Mickey McGown mickeym at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 21 06:56:15 PDT 2001

I argued exactly that point in my comments to the LOC last year:

 http://www.loc.gov/copyright/reports/studies/dmca/reply/Reply010.pdf

"Just as possession of a weapon does not imply participation in a crime, neither
does possession of circumvention tools imply participation in an infringing
act."

Didn't seem to sway them at all....

mickeym