[free-sklyarov] An Alternative Line of Argumentation

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Sun Jul 22 19:21:58 PDT 2001

Begin Andrew Lawrence quotation:
> Copy protection, digital rights management and encryption do
> absolutely nothing to stop commencial piracy.

	I believe you mean "copy restriction".  The techniques known
colloquially as "copy protection" do not, in fact, protect the
consumer's right to make backup copies.

	Also, I'm not quite sure how robbery on the high seas has
anything to do with copying or encryption.

--
"The only thing is certain: Russian petty computer hooligans are very
slovenly, while FBI agents are very persistent in hunting them." --Pravda