[free-sklyarov] News from the San Jose Rally

Sonia Arana spider at sneakybastard.com
Mon Jul 23 14:19:29 PDT 2001

I'm on the phone with Len Sassaman. I'm hearing lots of loud, clear
chanting of "What do we want?" FREE DMITRY! "When do we want it?" NOW!

Over 100 protesters showed up at Adobe's doorstep. EFF is still
negotiating with Adobe execs. Tshirts are sold out. Bus drivers are taking
stacks of flyers to give to their passengers. The courthouse guards have
come by to read flyers. Drivers are honking their horns in support. ABC,
Wired news and other TV news reporters are there.

Apparently Adobe employees wanted to give the protesters water, but
management stopped them.

that's the scoop from my cell phone...

Sonia,
bitter she can't actually be there due to academic committments...