[free-sklyarov] Seattle

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Mon Jul 23 14:41:09 PDT 2001

We had almost 40 people show up; not as many as I'd hoped, but many more
than I had initially expected.  The first group left at 1, the second
group, after waiting an hour, left to join the rest at noon.  We got a
couple of interviews with local media stations and independant media
groups, unfortunately, the big media outlets left before the second
group joined in.  I personally got interviewed three times, and I saw
many others giving interviews as well.  (Bill Scannell is a darned good
speaker!)

One point of interest was a Russian-sounding man who followed us back to
the park.  He had an issue with the use of the hammer-and-sicle in the
logo.  I got the feeling this to him was like parading through a Jewish
neighborhood with a swastika on something.  Even if meant as hyperbole,
it was clear that at least this individual thought we had gone too far.
OTOH, it got him riled up enough that he wanted to know what we were
doing.

We're all pretty pleased with the attention we got, and I have a feeling
we'll go out again if need be.  Here's hoping for a good outcome with
Adobe today!

Neale