[free-sklyarov] Austin preliminary report

Dkr. Armand Geddyn ageddyn at minitru.org
Mon Jul 23 15:17:25 PDT 2001

(This message was bcc'ed to the PigDog Journal and the original reporters)

Here are two, slightly conflicting preliminary reports from the Austin
demonstration today. Sorry for the belated release.

Expect a more fleshed-out writeup with pictures later tonight (after I get
home from work and eat something) at http://www.minitru.org/dmca .

Thanks everyone for all your work and interest. I assume, since I haven't
heard otherwise, that Dmitry is still in jail. Thus, please remember, we
haven't achieved our immediate goal quite yet.

                                - - - - - - - -

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:36:51 -0500
From: Malibu Barbie Geddyn <e-mail suppresed>

So, we're back. Me and Rev Dead Corpse. We did not get arrested or
anything and it was quite an enjoyable experience for my *first* protest
ever. It ended up being 20 geek protesters holding signs and passing out
pamphlets to everyone out in front of the capitol building. We had two
hard core Libertarians with us, one who is running for State Rep, and the
chairman of the Travis County Libertarian party. ... who I've seen on
public access, and in person was very chatty, funny and informative.

More later.

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:55:47 -0500
From: Rev. Dead Corpse <e-mail suppressed>

Had about twenty people show up from various directions. Barbie and I had
both printed out some fliers to hand out, a couple of others brought even
more.

We had to lay down a suppressing fire to keep the Texas Rangers from
charging our position. After consulting with some of the local fauna, a
red squirrel who seemed to know a little too much for comfort, we
converged on the steps of the capitol using two-by-two cover and
maintaining a fifteen meter spread. Once we were entrenched in our
position on the steps, we started the real objective of our assault by
opening up intersecting lanes of fire. Many civilians found themselves
accosted and handed fliers. Cassualties should start flooding local
hospitals any second now.

All that carnage and the local media was conspiciously absent. Their loss.

There was a little dissention amongst the ranks as to how to portray the
issue. Freedom of speech? Anti-Globalism? Anti-"Big Government"? Anti-"Big
Business"? Things settled out somewhere between free speech and government
intrusion.

Dkr. Armand Geddyn | ageddyn at minitru.org
"You can get more with a kind word and a
2x4 than you can with just a kind word."
                          - Ben Franklin