[free-sklyarov] NY Times Tuesday

Andrew Lawrence ausage at ausage.com
Tue Jul 24 03:10:06 PDT 2001

On July 24, 2001 05:10 am, Klepht wrote:

>     mc> About 100 protesters marched at Adobe's headquarters in San
>     mc> Jose today, and protests were held in several other
>     mc> cities.
>
> Anybody else notice that the multiple-city factor seems to play pretty
> highly with the press?
>
> We should remember that for future events.

It plays very highly because it takes time to get people organized.
Considering the timetable this must be a very frightening experience for the
PTB. Dimitry was arrested only one week ago... In that time the word on the
arrest of an obscure Russian "hacker" has spread, people have gotten
organized, seveal web site created and publicised, national media attention
is gathered, international criticism pores in, and demonstrations happen
simultaneously in twenty cities around the US and in Moscow.

The power of the Internet can be very, very frightening. I don't think Adobe
realized what they were starting... but I hope the Justice Department
realizes sooner than later that this will not settle down and go away but is
going to grow, and grow, and grow...

--
Andrew Lawrence         <ausage at smoke-and-mirrors.net>
Smoke & Mirrors         http://www.smoke-and-mirrors.net