Fwd: Re: [free-sklyarov] The OSCON sleeps on ...

Bob La Quey robertl1 at home.com
Tue Jul 24 19:06:05 PDT 2001

>Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:49:11 -0700
>To: Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>
>From: Bob La Quey <robertl1 at home.com>
>Subject: Re: [free-sklyarov] The OSCON sleeps on ...
>Cc: free-sklyarov at zork.net
>
>At 05:50 PM 7/24/01 -0700, you wrote:
>>I don't agree that the community isn't extremely concerned.  In
>>regular life, we probably wouldn't care for Elcomsoft that much.  But
>>this is really serious.  "What do we want?"  "Free Dmitry!"  "When do
>>we want it?"  "Yesterday!"
>>
>>--
>>Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>
>
>I intended the scope of my statement to be applicable to the part
>of the community that the OSCON reperesents. I certainly should have
>made that more clear, although I though it was clear from the context.
>
>Thanks for the point, though.
>
>Bob La Quey

Actually I really meant to go further and contrast the OSCON to what
is going on elsewhere. I mean the OSCON is holding an "invitation only"
"O'Reilly Summit on Open Source Strategies". Some of the people attending
this "Summit" are quite well know in the community and seem rather
unconcerned, again the attitude is "let the EFF do it".

So again thnks Seth for providing the backdrop I was intending to
paint the OSCON against.

Bob La Quey