[free-sklyarov] Dmitry's Status

Edmund A. Hintz ed at hintz.org
Wed Jul 25 00:02:20 PDT 2001

On 7/24/01 10:46 PM, alexf at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu thus spake:

>By my records, the last known contact in Las Vegas was with KTNV on July
>18, and there have been no further publicly announced contacts since
>then. Note that, contrary to current [10:45pm PDT] data on
>freesklyarov.org, the last [well]known contact with Rene Valladares, Asst
>Public Defender in las vegas, was on monday july 16, NOT monday july 23.

I know for a fact that Dmitry talked with Oxana (his wife), probably on
23 July although it could have been 22 July. Oxana's english isn't so hot
(although it's a helluva lot better than my (non existant) Russian!), so
I'm not sure of the exact date, but she did tell me, personally, that it
happened. One could assume therefore that some sort of legal
representation was also present, although it's entirely possible his
captors simply decided to let him use a payphone...

Peace,
Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Linux Geek,     *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Linux Consultant       *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<ed at hintz.org>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org