[free-sklyarov] Protesters target FBI nominee over Russian arrest

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Wed Jul 25 02:27:42 PDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 11:56:51PM -0700, Jon O . wrote:
> http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/010724/n24319331.html
>
> SAN FRANCISCO, July 24 (Reuters) - Supporters of a Russian programmer arrested
>  on charges of violating a controversial U.S. copyright law took aim on
> Tuesday at the California prosecutor in the case -- who is President George W.
>  Bush's nominee to be next director of the FBI.

with that and the EFF's letter, mueller is now officially in the line
of fire. that kind of moods the discussion of whether we should go easy
on him for one reason or the other, doesn't it?

I will send a letter to someone appropriate in germany and ask them to
oppose his nomination because he is arresting foreign nationals on
made-up, dubious charges and if he becomes the next FBI director, I'd
be afraid to travel to the states.