[free-sklyarov] What did he do IN THE US that was 'wrong'?

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Wed Jul 25 19:17:51 PDT 2001

 > After talking with some friends of mine, and long discussions; here
 > is what I came up with.
 > Even, I feel that US has no right arresting Sklyarov; but under
 > DMCA the FBI "did" have the right to arrest Sklyarov.
 > So, we pretty much don't have a case against the DoJ and the
 > chances of Sklyarov getting the jail time is high.
 > (I don't like this anymore then you guys do; but that is what
 > might happen)

Um. What did Sklyarov do *IN THE USA* that was against US law?

As I understand it, he did something *in Russia* that is against
US law, but NOT against Russian law.

As I understand it, all he did in the USA that was even remotely
potentially 'wrong' was present an academic paper.

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com     Jenn Vesperman     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/