[free-sklyarov] Announcement - eBookWeb event: Digital Rights, DMCA and Hac

Alan Smithee alansmitheee at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 27 06:12:24 PDT 2001

Wade,

This is a most excellent idea and I look forward to participating.

Might I respectfully suggest, however, that you re-consider your choice of
the word 'Hacker.'

It is a buzz word that connotes illegality and crime, and to many,
incorrectly frames the debate.

'Coder' would be far more neutral and better define the balance of rights at
stake.

In my humble opinion.

Kind regards.