[free-sklyarov] Breaking the Law?

Bob Smart bobds at blorch.org
Sun Jul 29 15:55:16 PDT 2001

On Sunday 29 July 2001 13:17, you wrote:

> But when drug dealers get caught for trafficing, aren't both the buyer and
> seller doing it?  And also didn't Adobe "import" it?

I'm not an attorney, so there's no good reason to take me seriously about any
of this...but I think the reason buyers and sellers in drug deals are both
criminals is that we have laws that prohibit "trafficking" in drugs AND we
have other laws that makes mere possession of drugs illegal in itself.  DMCA
doesn't (quite) seem to have that second part.

I'm not sure who "imported" the program.  It's an interesting question, and
if it lands just one Adobe executive in the next cell over, I'll be
thrilled...but I won't be holding my breath expecting it to happen that way.

--

What I wrote above is hereby dedicated to the public domain and may be freely
used, in whole or in part, with or without attribution.