[free-sklyarov] just a small idea

Peter pmasloch at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 30 09:52:29 PDT 2001

I think that writing individual letters is not very effectful.
Instead, we should come up with one letter which we can call a press
release or protest letter of the Free-Dmitry Community.
In this letter we should state our protest against the arrest of
Dmitry Sklyarov and our concerns about the DMCA. There also should be
a short explanation of section 1201 of the DMCA. We also should make
sure that the letter is friendly and that also the 'mainstream' people
can understand it.
Then we come up with a date on which we will send out this letter so
that we all can send it on the same day (very important).  Everybody
can send it to his/her local newspaper/radio/TV
station/University/Congress/Senate/whatever you can think off.
I believe that this action will show much more how big and strong the
Free-Dmitry Community is and we really need to get the attention of
the media.
To find your local media just go to http://www.congress.org and type
in your zip-code by media. It will tell you every contact you need.
Same for Congress and Senate. Also contact informations can be found
on the Free-Dmitry D.C. webpage http://www.lupercalia.net/dmca
Just a small idea.
Peter

Free Dmitry Sklyarov