[free-sklyarov] Linux update withholds security info on DMCA terror

Kenneth Burger krburger at burger-family.org
Fri Nov 2 15:09:28 PST 2001

If you're going to be the leader of something like this then you should be
willing to take that risk.  I would.  If someone would get me those security
updates I would post them on the Internet in a heartbeat despite the risk.
If they put me in jail I'd be happy to martyr myself for the cause of
overturning the DMCA.  To me the security of important data is worth taking
the chance.  Please note that I did not say that he should stop being a
kernel developer.  I said he should turn over leadership and control of the
changelog and website to someone who would be willing to take that risk.
Lets also remember that he's not even American so the DMCA wouldn't affect
him unless he came over here.