[Seth-Trips] Shall We Play A Game? May 7, Moffett Field

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Thu May 2 10:53:52 PDT 2002

I got a leaflet about this event when I was at the Asilomar
conference.

http://www.computerhistory.org/events/lectures/games_05072002/

   From their humble beginnings in the 1960s as demonstrations of
   computer interactivity, to a multi-billion dollar industry, computer
   video games have become one of the largest forms of entertainment and
   a major part of popular culture in America, Japan, Europe and beyond.
   Steven "Slug" Russell, inventor of the early computer game SpaceWar!
   and Nolan Bushnell, designer of Computer Space and founder of Atari,
   share their personal stories from the days when games were played on
   mainframes through the introduction of the video arcade. Stewart
   Brand, publisher of the original Whole Earth Catalog and president of
   The Long Now Foundation, will moderate this discussion about the
   advent of the modern gaming age.

The event is Tuesday, May 7; it's free, but it requires an advance
reservation and photo ID.

I probably won't be able to make it, because I expect to be in
Berkeley that evening.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Reading is a right, not a feature!
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   |                 -- Kathryn Myronuk