[Seth-Trips] Math? in Berkeley? moooooooovies

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Oct 2 12:56:47 PDT 2002

via Boing Boing:

http://www.msri.org/20thanniversary/cinemath.html

MSRI is sponsoring a film series on mathematics in Berkeley throughout
October!

I'd like to go to as many of these as possible, which may be easier
said than done, because I'll be out of town or otherwise occupied on
many of the days on which movies will be shown.

Conspicuously absent for me from the list of works shown are the
HCSSiM "cult classics": the _Space-filling Curves_ of Nelson Max, and
the hypercube and hypersphere movies of Thomas Banchoff, whom I had
the pleasure of meeting at Brown in 1997.  (If you're ever in
Providence, check out his geometry classes.)

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Reading is a right, not a feature!
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   |                 -- Kathryn Myronuk