[Seth-Trips] seth-trips announcement format

Zack Brown zbrown at tumblerings.org
Fri Oct 4 06:01:09 PDT 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 12:25:07AM -0700, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> begin  The ASCII Floating Head of Seth David Schoen  quotation:
> > I'd like to take Zack up on his suggestion for a standardized
> > seth-trips announcement format (which he refers to as "STM", for
> > "Seth-Trips Map").  His initial proposal is below.  What would you
> > add or do differently?
>
> 	I'd make a seth code, like the geek code.  Single characters
> denote category, while sequences of + or - symbols indicate pro or con
> status.
> In all seriousness,

that wasn't serious? I was *liking* that idea. I think the STM should have
an additional 'Sethcode' field corresponding to that system. We can build
the code out over time, as new categories suggest themselves.

Your 'serious' ideas are good too. Now the footer of all seth-trips
posts should include a URL to a page describing the STM, the Seth code,
and giving generic links to maps and transportation information, so
people can research their trips and fill in all the STM fields.

> --
> A: No.
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?

Zack Brown