[Seth-Trips] The Hours

Zack Brown zbrown at tumblerings.org
Sat Apr 5 08:08:24 PST 2003

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 12:19:20PM -0800, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> OK, I want to go to the movie!
>
> I tried reading _Mrs. Dalloway_ and was persuaded to hold off and just
> see _The Hours_ without having read either of the associated books
> first.
>
> What are your plans, Sunah and Zack?  Who else is coming?

I didn't go. Now I'm planning to not have gone, though at the time, I
wanted to. Getting laid off changed my plans a little, and I ended up
celebrating with my friend July. But I still want to see The Hours. If
anyone wants to see it again, let me know.

If anyone knows of a good V. Woolf biography, let me know that too. I
tried to read one once, that was AWFUL! I hate biographies that get
lyrical about their subjects, or that try to write in the same style
(*shudder*). Edmund White's biography of Genet really tickles my uvula
in that exact way. Richard Ellmann, on the other hand, writes only
beautiful biographies. His work on Oscar Wilde, and the one on James
Joyce, good lord! those were great.

Be well,
Zack

> --