[Seth-Trips] Emerging Man Party, April 24, San Jose

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Mon Apr 21 14:09:03 PDT 2003

from the post-Annalee-festivity dept.

----- Forwarded message from Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> -----

Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 00:22:08 -0700
From: Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com>
To: emergingparty at spesh.com
Subject: Emerging Man Party, next Thurs eve. (24th April)

    Hello You,

    Jon Gilbert, Quinn Norton, Ada T. Norton and Danny O'Brien are having a
    party next week. Here are some reasons why you might like to come:

    * You can meet Ada T. Norton, our small contribution to that whole
      red-in-tooth-and-claw survival-of-the-fittest business. She's cute!

    * You can see the rest of us too, as we're not getting out much these days
      (see 2), and we miss you. We're sort of how you remember us, only we smell
      a bit more of milk these days.

    * You can see our new house, and mill around therein.

    * You can nip into our back garden, which will be full of campers who are
      attending (or speaking at) O'Reilly's Emerging Technology Conference. We
      offered our back yard as a cheap place to stay, and now it's grown into
      a this high-IQ Emerging Man shanty town of startup CEOs and hackers.
      Even as we speak, I can see them creating primitive instruments out
      of bits of discarded ibook to entertain and delight you.
      http://www.commonhouse.net/wiki/emergingman

    * You can meet all our other friends, many of whom are down for
      above conference, and are all very interesting and sweet.

    * Or you can log onto our wifi network and check your mail. Or toast
      marshmallows on the microwave radiation leaking from all the other
      people doing the same.

    Whatever: it will be fun.

    The party to which this invite refers is on from 8ish next Thursday (April
    24th).  [ask Danny O'Brien for the address]

    More info, eventually, at: http://www.emergingman.com/

    Bring friends, alcohol, cake, or friends made out of cake who come
    alive when you drink alcohol.

Note for Emerging Tech attendees! Feast on the free drinks at the Creative
Commons pool party at 7pm, hack something while drunk at Clay Shirky's LazyWeb
Challenge BOF until 9pm, and then soberly realise that you've released the
Semantic Web equivalent of the Morris Worm in the sympathetic comfort of our
house. You can catch the light rail down from the Westin, or pile into one of
several pressganged designated drivers. It's ALL TOO EASY.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Very frankly, I am opposed to people
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | being programmed by others.