[Seth-Trips] Even more Illegal Art, next week

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Fri Jul 18 23:04:40 PDT 2003

The Illegal Art video program takes place at the Roxie (by 16th and
Valencia, extremely near the 16th and Mission BART station), on
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

http://www.illegal-art.org/video/sf.html

There are five different programs.  Each is over an hour and costs $8;
some programs will be shown more than one (at different times on
different dates).  _Willful Infringement_ is a feature-length
documentary on copyright law, and I'll probably go see that with my
mother.  You can download some, but not all, of these works at

http://www.illegal-art.org/video/index.html

and the whole schedule is reproduced below.

If you miss the screenings, you can come visit me and see some of
these pieces -- I have an Illegal Art DVD, signed by Carrie McLaren!

SAN FRANCISCO SCREENINGS
Wednesday, July 23 and Thursday, July 24
Roxie Cinema (3117 16th St., at corner of Valencia St.)
NOTE: Schedule is subject to change. Updated as of 6/18/03.

Wednesday July 23

2 pm - Program a
4 pm - Program b
6 pm - Program c
8 pm - Program d
10 pm - Program a

Thursday July 24

6 pm - Program b
8 pm - Program d
10 pm - Program e

Program a (88 min)

Paul Harvey Oswald, Fair Use (aprox. 4 min.)
Eric Fensler, GI Joe PSAs (about 3 min.)
Bryan Boyce, State of the Union (2 minutes)
Phil Patiris, Iraq Campaign 1991 (19 min.)
Brian Springer, Spin (60 min.)

Program b (90 min)

Tim Maloney with Negativland, Gimme the Mermaid (aprox. 5 min)
Craig Baldwin, Sonic Outlaws (87 min.)
+ Craig Baldwin and Don Joyce

Program c

Willful Infringement
+ special guest Lawrence Lessig will introduce the film and do a Q/A
afterward

Program d (85 min)

Keith Sanborn, The Artwork in the Age... (aprox. 4 min.)
D. Jean Hester, Buy Me (4 min.)
Paul Harvey Oswald, Natural Thing (aprox. 5 min.)
Eileen Maxson, Untitled (4 min?)
Brian Spinks, Bill Wasik, and Eugene Mirman, Black Thunder (2 min)
Michal Levy, Giant Steps (2:15)
Jem Cohen, excerpt from Chain (aprox. 10 min)
Naomi Uman, Removed (8 min.)
Michael Colton/ModernHumorist.com, Puppy Love (2 min.)
Todd Haynes, Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story (43 min.)
(shown without permission)

Program e (84 min.)

Brian Spinks, Bill Wasik, Eugene Mirman, Black Thunder (2 min)
Bryan Boyce, Special Report (aprox 5 min.)
Michael Colton/ModernHumorist.com, Puppy Love (2 min.)
Joe Gibbons, Barbie's Audition (12 min.)
Fellowship of the Ring of Free Trade (5 min)
Willful Infringement (58 min.)

Illegal Art logo adapted fromAmerican Alphabet, by Heidi Cody
created 2002 :: Contact us :: a project of Stay Free!

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Very frankly, I am opposed to people
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | being programmed by others.