[Seth-Trips] [katina@eff.org: Party in the Park at EFF's Freedom Fest 2003!]

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Thu Jul 31 02:47:17 PDT 2003

(I can't go, because I will be in Germany!)

----- Forwarded message from Katina Bishop <katina at eff.org> -----

* Party in the Park at EFF's Freedom Fest 2003!

The Electronic Frontier Foundation is proud to host EFF's Freedom Fest 2003
on Saturday, August 9, from Noon to 5pm at Golden Gate Park's Music
Concourse Bandshell.  This free event will showcase an eclectic lineup of
performers, including award-winning Bay Area musicians and an array of
other talented artists.

Hosted by EFF's John Perry Barlow, the afternoon is a celebration of Bay
Area talent and an opportunity for them to share their music.

"The day is to celebrate freedom, and we can't think of a better way to do
that than through free music and variety performances in Golden Gate Park,"
said EFF Executive Director Shari Steele.  "We're thrilled to have such an
impressive lineup for this event. It's truly a reflection of the caliber of
talent that resides here in the Bay Area."

Rock to Reggae
EFF's Freedom Fest 2003 will feature a diverse musical lineup, including:
~ Box Set, the clown princes of folk rock (www.boxset.com)
~ Noelle Hampton, award-winning rock diva (www.noellehampton.com)
~ Austin Willacy, rock, pop and soul crooner (www.austinwillacy.com)
~ Colin McGrath, singer, strummer, arranger (www.colinmcgrath.com)
~ Lasana Bandele, the "Storitela" from Jamaica (www.lasanabandele.com)

The performers that were selected for this year's event represent an
extraordinary combination of Bay Area artists, many of whom have earned
critical acclaim and become nationally recognized acts.

"I've known about EFF and its pursuit of digital rights for years," said
Tommy Boy/Warner Bros recording artist, Austin Willacy.  "When they
approached me about performing at EFF's Freedom Fest 2003, it struck me as
a great way to both share my music with Bay Area residents and educate the
community about EFF and all the great work they're doing on our
behalf."

In addition to the musical performers, EFF's Freedom Fest 2003 will also
feature a variety of other performers, including:
~ Ashley Foster, the One Wheeled Wonder
~ Willy Bologna and his Sideshow Circus
~ Frantastic Hands, chair massage
~ Art Table with Eleanor
~ Cat Hare, juggler extraordinaire
~ Technomania Circus, vaudeville and variety performers
(www.technomaniacircus.com)

KFOG 104.5/97.7 morning radio host Peter will be making a special
appearance at the event to introduce the bands and host the KFOG
booth.  Concert attendees can stop by to meet folks from the
critically-acclaimed rock station and enter the EFF Freedom Fest 2003
Contest.

Links
More details on EFF's Freedom Fest 2003:
http://www.eff.org/freedomfest/

For more information please contact:
katina at eff.org

----- End forwarded message -----