[Seth-Trips] Paul Graham, Xerox PARC, Tomorrow

Aaron Swartz aaronsw at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:17:30 PDT 2005

How To Sell A Startup

Most people who start startups do it to get rich, and the most common
way to get rich from a startup is to sell it. Investors call this an
"exit strategy," and they won't even consider a company that doesn't
have a fairly clear one. In this case the founders and investors'
interests are aligned: you should be thinking about exit strategies
before you even start a company. In this talk I'll describe the kinds
of ideas that yield buyable startups, the different stages at which
you can sell a startup, and what you should do (and not do) to make it
happen at each stage.

Speaker Bio: Paul Graham

Paul Graham is the guy who gave me money to start a startup.
http://paulgraham.com/

PARC-George E. Pake Auditorium
3333 Coyote Hill Road
Palo Alto, CA

Agenda
6:00-7:00pm Registration/Networking & Light Snacks
7:00-8:30pm Program

$15 SDForum and Co-Hosting Organization
$25 Non-members
$10 Students - to register call SDForum 408-494-8378
You must provide a vaild student ID
*at the door add $5 to member and non-member prices

http://www.sdforum.org/SDForum/Templates/CalendarEvent.aspx?CID=1676&mo=5&yr=2005

I will be there, although it looks like quite a bit of a bike ride, so
if someone else from Stanford is going, let me know.