[Seth-Trips] San Francisco Green Festival, Nov. 14-16

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Sat Nov 8 20:41:55 GMT 2008

The Green Festival is back in town:

http://www.greenfestivals.org/san-francisco/

November 14-16, 2008
Friday – 12pm – 7pm
Saturday – 10am – 7pm
Sunday – 11am – 6pm
San Francisco Concourse Exhibition Center
635 8th St (at Brannan St)
San Francisco, CA 94103

Giftcenter Pavillion Theater
888 Brannan Street
San Francisco, CA 94103

It looks like it's bigger this year, having expanded across the street.
This event is mostly notable to me for having the biggest vegetarian
food court of any San Francisco event I know of.  I'm going to be out
of town until the 15th, but I'm planning to drop by the Festival for
lunch on the 16th.

This year there are also going to be presentations from Mozilla and
Creative Commons, and Mozilla will have a booth as an exhibitor.
(Lessig is also going to speak -- I presume about campaigns and not
copyright.)  Mozilla is going to debut this campaign to pitch Firefox
to ecologically-concerned people:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/organic/

One person on IRC suggested that we could have a discussion of
whether "open" or "organic" is now the more overloaded term.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Wol dir, werlt, daz du bist
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | also freudenriche!