[Taocow PBEM] Chapter II - Of War and Prophecy

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at alberni.net
Wed Dec 22 12:38:27 PST 2004

OOC: I'm posting a big chunk of the last bit of the turn so that
everyone can catch up.  Being the holidays and all, I won't send out any
demons to hunt you down for the next couple of weeks!  Have a happy and
safe holiday everyone!

 > [Rod Black]
 > Rod attempts to store the images on his laptop acting as the link
 > between the two with his telemechanics as he sees the pictures
 > [/Rod Black]

[GM]
Rod tries his best to transfer the images, but cannot manage it.

 > Alex suggest, "Maybe I should attempt it in the morning. I want to see
 > if I can talk them into access to the armory to see what I can get for
 > grenades." She shakes her head and replies, "Be lucky you are not a
 > telepath, the sexual thoughts that you tend to get can be very
 > distracting and how they tend to compare you to others in their mind
 > and have thoughts like 'is that a mole on their butt.'"
 > [/Alex]

[Lady Frost]
Lady Frost smiles and laughs quietly.  "We all have our problems, I guess."
[/Lady Frost]

[Osiris]
Osiris bends down and tries to determine what is wrong with Arden. He
shakes his head, unsure as to why the poor fellow suddenly collapsed.
[/Osiris]

[GM]
Even as Osiris turns to tell the rest of the company, Arden suddenly
opens his eyes and takes a few deep breaths.
[/GM]

 > [Rod Black]
 > Rod gets to the other cabin, he tells everyone what was on the
 > camera, but is unable to show any pictures.
 > [/Rod Black]

[GM]
When Rod walks back into the cabin, he sees Arden looking like he just
woke up, and Bongo looking pretty comatose.
[/GM]

 > [Rod Black]
 > Noticing the two, Rod says "oh, everyone just got here too? So lets
 > get this meeting started."
 > [/Rod Black]

[Lady Frost]
"Where have you been?" Lady Frost asks?
[/Lady Frost]

 > [Rod Black]
 > Rod states in a matter of fact tone, "I've been in my cabin trying to
 > get some images off a camera."  He tells of the images found on the
 > camera.  "We should probably look into that journal that Bongo picked
 > up.  I think we have been drawn into something bigger.  Probably
 > related to K'zul given where we found the camera and journal."
 > [/Rod Black]

 > [Osiris]
 > Osiris helps Arden to one of the bunk beds and gets him to lie down.
 > "One minute you were standing there the next you were out cold.
 > Now I am not sure what happened but i think you should take a rest."
 > Osiris grabs a glass of hot water from the dispencer and hands it to
 > Arden.
 > [/Osiris]

 > [Arden]
 > From his cushioned position on the bed, Arden sits up slightly, eyes
 > unfocused, but alert. "The captain...something is controlling his
 > actions. I know not what it is, but I do know that we need to stop it
 > before it leads us into serious trouble." He leans back, trying to
 > relax, rubbing his shoulder where he hit the floor of the bunk room.
 > [/Arden]

 > [Osiris]
 > Quietly Osiris informs the rest of the group what he noticed about
 > the two guards outside, their weapons and armor, then waits for Bongo
 > to return from his little trip.
 >
 > In this down time he will pack his gear away into his back just in
 > case they have to make for a quick get away.
 > [/Osiris]

[Lady Frost]
Seeing Osiris packing his gear, Lady Frost says firmly "I will not leave
St. Pierre behind, nor K'zul."
[/Lady Frost]

 > [Alex]
 > Alex transmits telapathically to the others, *I did a bit of
 > investigation of our hosts thoughts and they are very suspicious with
 > the captain fearing Lady Frost for some reason and the lizard being
 > seem intersted in turning someone in for a profit. There is ome very
 > interesting stuff going on her.*
 > [Alex]

 > [Kyle]
> Kyle shifts uncomfortably after hearing what Alex said. In a quite
> whisper he says. "I wonder then if a little mutiny might be in order.
> That would solve two problems first we wouldn't have to worry about
> our new friends and second we can get some transport at the same
> time."
 > [/Kyle]

[Meanwhile back with Bongo...]

 > [Bongo]
 > Bongo sends a telepathic message to Phaeton.  *Do not be alarmed,
 > Phaeton, but I need you to speak softly and quickly for time is short
 > and the guards may hear you.  Who is your friend there, what is your
 > purpose aboard this ship, and what do you know of the Captain?*
 > [/Bongo]

[GM]
Phaeton's eyes, half-closed, suddenly widen. In less than a heartbeat,
the tattooed man is on his feet, his hands held ready to land a blow.

"Who are you?" he asks quietly, but urgently. "What do you want?" His
agitation quickly passes, and for a moment his eyes seem to roll back
into his head. He says "I understand.", but it doesn't seem he's
speaking to Bongo.

*This man, as near as I can determine, is an ally of mine, though I do
wish he had told me that before tonight.* Phaeton says, though his mouth
does not move. *I will say no more of this now, not even in this manner
of speech. There is one other on the ship, though I do not know the
individual's identity... yet.*

*I cannot reveal my purpose yet.* he continues, *I dare not. The Captain
cannot any longer be trusted, and what allies he may have I cannot yet
determine. I must get off this ship now. The Captain means to avoid
Dublin by sailing right around Ireland, at a great delay, but to a
destination which I doubt I, or you, would ever leave from. I am certain
that he does this under instruction, and that the arrival of your people
is what has triggered this. My quest will fail if I do not get off this
ship.*

Aaron Clausen	mightymartianca at alberni.net