[Taocow PBEM] Chapter VII - Into the Land of Mists <outside>

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:31:33 PST 2006

> > [GM]
> > Even as Kyle approaches the tower, there is a loud boom, and the
> > ground just a few feet
> > away from Kyle suddenly explodes in a towering inferno.  Kyle is
> > nearly knocked off his
> > feet.  Visibility instantly becomes almost impossible as an
> > incandescent cloud begins
> > to rise.  Even infrared gear is confused, making movement difficult.
> >
> > "The attack is on!" Phaeton cries.  "Run!"

> The Coalition Ranger backs up, slowly leaving cover fire, using the
> optics in her armor to cut through the smoke

Even with optics, this smoke is quite thick, but Alex (along with anyone else
with optical gear) can see forms rushing up the hill).  The path up
the hill is a
mad frenzy.  Alex's covering fire seems to hit several targets, and it does slow
the onslaught down, but soon can be glimpsed what appear to be some sort
of cavalry, on horses on something similar.

"Someone radio the others, if we can get through to them." Phaeton cries.
"Perhaps they have found some sort of escape route."

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com

Palladium Rifts PBEM:
http://test.alberni.net/taocow/rifts_pbem/