reST and HTML woes
Well, I went through and cleaned up my old entries, using this technique. When I was done, I decided to clean up all the entries that were generating reST errors because reST was freaking out trying to interpret raw HTML. I basically went through and cleaned up all of Nutella's entries and a bunch of Sam's.
For Nutella, he essentially wrote everything as one solid block of HTML, often with no newlines at all. So what I did was wrap most of his entries in reST's raw html directive, like so:
.. raw:: html <cite>blarblarblar</cite> etc etc <a href="http://zork.net/motd">a link</a>
The outcome is as you'd expect:blarblarblar etc etc a link
Nutella used <cite> a lot, and decimal unicode entities to print hanzi.
For Sam, he had written most of his entries in the wiki markup, using only occasional HTML for URLs and <pre> blocks and so on. I wrapped a few individual paragraphs in the .. raw:: html bit, but mostly I just fixed his bad entries to be properly reSTy.