[CrackMonkey] Lindsey Graham

Bob Bernstein bobbern at delphi.com
Wed Feb 23 18:54:19 PST 2000

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 05:13:22PM -0800, Seth David Schoen wrote:

> > There's no way out. Aye, there's the rub.
>
> Mmmmm, aut viam inveniamus aut faciamus?

C'mon! Ok, lemme guess: am I being facetious? No. There's no way out of
being-here-with-everyone-else. More existential-speak. Note this is not
equivalent to 'human mortality.'

> I could understand if you were talking about human mortality, or something,
> but you're just talking about the State.

Sez you. I haven't mentioned 'the State' once. That's your hobbyhorse. I
have talked about the polis. I have claimed membership in it gives us our
lives. The 'not voting' schtick is based on denial of this fact. Simply put,
if voting doesn't get us much, not voting gets us less. Further, voting
costs us nothing, while not voting feeds a delusion, to wit the belief that
we are not irremediably always already 'participants,' sullied by whatever
mires and ensnares us while it breathes life into us.

Opting out is for wusses.

--
Bob Bernstein
at                      This is Bob's OpenBSD 2.6 machine!