[free-sklyarov] Boycott Adobe: Call for Proposals

David Haworth david.haworth at altavista.net
Tue Sep 25 03:18:33 PDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 12:44:22AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> Specifically, quoting from Adobe's FAQ:
>
> http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200108/elco
>
>    - we respect the grand jury's and federal government's role in
>      prosecuting this case.
>
>    - we are in complete agreement with the government's decision to
>      prosecute the company, ElcomSoft
>
>    - Adobe intends to cooperate fully with the government as required by
>      law.
>
> These three positions must change for me to be satisfied.  Other
> individuals or organizations are welcome to follow their own council.

Weasel words - I expect nothing else from a company of Adobe's
standing.

I've dropped acroread too for normal documents (xpdf is much faster
and renders better on the screen too). But neither xpdf nor
gv work correctly with a ppower4 presentation (which I use to
avoid Microsoft software). If anyone can suggest an alternative
I'd be happy to use it.

Dave

--
David Haworth