[free-sklyarov] Copyright Contradictions

tompoe at renonevada.net tompoe at renonevada.net
Thu Aug 8 22:13:44 PDT 2002

Hi: good question. This proposal is different in that the goal is to
unify the TAKE ACTION aspects of discussion. For example, the EFF folks
have a web page that says, TAKE ACTION. There are other sites that have
a web page that says, TAKE ACTION. I take action, then I can't remember
what action I took. I can't remember what page to go to to check.

What we need is organization, - - - - as Jay points out.

Now, when you post to your lists, that's the idea. Let's expand and be
able to point to a wide range of lists, a wide variety of touch points,
so that a big, significant action happens all at once.

I think Jay has a point about the SPAM. On the other hand, I don't think
it serves much purpose if a singular message is posted on each list, and
that's the end of it. I think the need to post and cross-post, and make
sure people recognize something is happening is necessary.
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Open Studios
Reno, NV