[Seth-Trips] Jenny Toomey (Future of Music) at Stanford, October 25

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Fri Oct 19 10:42:39 PDT 2001

I'll go to this if someone will come along with me.

----- Forwarded message from Will Doherty <wild at eff.org> -----

Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:29:36 -0700
From: Will Doherty <wild at eff.org>
Subject: [E-IP] [stanford_CIS] CIS event at Stanford and SCU

>THE FUTURE OF MUSIC COALITION NATIONWIDE SPEAKING TOUR
>
>October 25, 2001
>12:00 p.m.
>Bannan 127
>
>Co-hosted by Santa Clara University School of Law
>High Tech Law Institute
>and Stanford University Law School
>Center for Internet and Society
>
>A discussion around copyright law, royalty collection in the digital
>realm, the protection of coprighted work through encryption and
>watermarking, and the use of legislation and lawsuits to protect
>established business models.
>
>Presentation by Jenny Toomey of FMC.  Toomey is an activist and a
>musician.  She is a member of the board of the Low Power Radio
>Coalition, has performed in several bands, and has written
>extensively about music and Internet technology.
>
>For more information on the noontime presentation, contact the High
>Tech Law Office at (408) 551-1868 or send an e-mail to
>HighTechLaw at scu.edu.
>
>*****************
>EVENING PRESENTATION
>6 - 8 p.m.
>Room 190, Stanford University Law School
>
>Moderator:  Jenny Toomey of FMC
>
>Panelists:
>- John Shaeffer, Adjunct Professor, Santa Clara University, School of Law
>- Larry Lessig, Professor, Stanford University, Law School
>

>For more information on the evening program at Stanford, please
>contact Carinne Johnson at the Center for Internet and Society at
>(650) 725-2565.
>
>DIRECTIONS TO STANFORD:
>
>>From 280N, take the Page Mill Rd exit.  Bear right towards Palo Alto.
>Make a left at Junipero Serra.  Take Serra to Campus Drive EAST.
>Make a right.  Take Campus Drive to Alvarado.  Make a left.  Go one
>block to Nathan Abbott Way.  Make a left and park.
>
>>From 280S, take Sand Hill Rd exit towards Stanford Linear Accelerator.
Go to Santa Cruz Road.  Make a right and the very next left on to
Junipero Serra.  Make a left onto Campus Drive EAST.  Follow
directions above.

Carinne Johnson

Assistant to Lawrence Lessig
Stanford Law School