[svfig-open] Windows98/ME USB driver files

Kevin Appert forther at comcast.net
Wed Dec 3 10:44:29 PST 2003

There is no such thing as off-topic here at SVFIG-OPEN!!!

I have questions and several pieces of advice.  Please email directly with
answers to questions if you prefer.  It's free advice, and perhaps worth
what you paid for it.

First the questions.
Do you have other USB devices which DO work?(1)  (it doesn't mean that the
camera SHOULD work, just an indication of what needs to be tested and/or fixed)
What OS are you running( look in |Help|About )?(2)  WIN98 SE?(2.1)  Do you
have the original distribution CD?(3)  Please note that it would be best to
have the files that match your OS because there are frequently different
versions.

  I can probably get the files when I know which OS you're running.

Advice 1) Try Alta Vista to search the web in addition to googling Usenet.

Advice B) These are a couple of websites which address similiar problems
http://www.iomega.com/support/documents/11194.html
http://kodak.broaddaylight.com/kodak/topten_61_6.shtm
http://www.altavista.com/web/results?q=%2Bfuji+%2Bcamera+%2BUSBNTMAP.SYS&kgs=0&kls=1&avkw=aapt

Advice III ) When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
      - Dr. Richard Ames,"The Cat Who Walks Through Walls" (by Robert Heinlein)

ROBERT A. HEINLEIN QUOTES
http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~odyssey/Quotes/Popular/SciFi/Heinlein.html

Advice N where N is a large integer) I can probably get the files when I
know which OS you're running

Advice N + 1 ) If you can't resolve it after installing the files, please
post to the regular SVFIG list.

Would you consider discussing this briefly at the December FIG meeting?