[Taocow PBEM] OOC: Rules Query

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 02:20:52 GMT 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 09:14, Troy Imlach <troy_a_i at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> OOC:
> The rules say a short bursts' damage is 1 round x2
> A 3 round pulse from a pulse weapon does damage equal to three shots all fitting. i.e. 2D6
> becomes 6D6.
> I have no problems with what how you're handling it. Just remember that a pulse form a pulse
> weapon does more damage that a short burst.

I'm speaking specifically about those guns that do not follow the
standard ROF rules, that specifically give a specific multi-burst a
damage (ie. 1Dx4x10+10).  While the theoretical higher limit of such a
multiburst is not bad (in this case 50MD), the reality I've found
after years of play is that you'll probably average much lower,
rendering these guns rather pointless, other than perhaps because some
(maybe all?) come with a +1 aimed, so they're sniper rifles.

mightymartianca at gmail.com