[Taocow PBEM] Chapter XV - The Demon's Minions

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 23:42:15 GMT 2008

> > [GM]
> > "Now, back to my price." Bruth continues.  "If you make it to
> > Rath-iren alive (which I doubt), you must retrieve the Ring of Oth and
> > bring it to me.  Yes, I'm sure you'll be counseled by someone that
> > it's dangerous and evil and so forth.  But I care not.  If you want my
> > help, then you'll do it.  Otherwise, you won't make it out of this
> > city alive.  I'll just as happily do business with the K'murd-faka
> > when it comes."

> "Gee, Bruth, it sounds like you are playing both sides of the fence.
> Tell us why we should let you leave here at all," the lizard man says,
> rifle at the ready.

"You might find killing me a little harder than that." Bruth replies.  "Do you
think I am fool enough to walk into this without taking precautions?"

"As to playing both sides," Bruth smiles, "let's just say I'm keeping my
options open.  I no longer have any desire to die for so-called noble ends.
The choice is up to you.  At this very moment, agents of the K'murd-faka,
some much brighter than these two, are watching every exit to the city,
even the secret ones that our much esteemed Lady Sialillion knows about.
I, however, know of one that she does not.  I can either reveal it to you, or
to the K'murd-faka, who will find it very useful when it finally decides to take
the city.  But I warn you, you are all running out of time.  And if you manage
to kill me, well then, you will die anyways."

Aaron Clausen   mightymartianca at gmail.com