[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter I

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 18:23:49 BST 2009

OOC: Okay, Talas's player hasn't posted, but we'll carry on.

> > [GM]
> > Suddenly a female voice comes over the loudspeaker.  "This is your
> > Control.  Repeat.  This is Control.  Report any crew not yet
> > assimilated.  Prepare for boarding."
> >
> > "I must report." the young crew member says.
> > [/GM]

> [Owen]
> "So, Resistance is Futile?"  Owen will move to disarm and incapacitate
> the guard, to keep her from reporting.  "Anyone have any rope?"
> [/Owen]

> [Koba]
> He shakes off the bumps and the stars he is seeing from tumbling along the
> small hallway and scrambles back to his feet. Suddenly the waves of nausea
> return as everything starts tumbling. "Can someone please knock her out? We
> don't need everyone of these crewmembers after us. We should head to the
> bridge of this ship. Can someone who has been here before lead the way. We
> can likely get control of the ship from there."
> [/Koba]

> [Ted]
> Ted lashes out with a tripping leg hook, taking the woman down, and then
> restrained her arms with his own. "Now what?"
> [/Ted]

> [Lyle]
> Getting his bearings while keeping his footing, he looks up the
> corridor. "That's a hell of a crash dive. We have 2 options and we
> need to decide ASAP what we are doing cause we don't have much time.
> We can get to the bridge and correct it or get to the engine room and
> blow the emergency ballasts manually. The captain would be on the
> bridge, but based on the sounds if this Control is in the bridge, we
> may not have enough time to deal with it and correct our descent
> before we get crushed. We can split up if we need to. I am sure Raven
> or Ted could get you to bridge."
>
> "There are about 40 crew members on the boat, most of them are like
> the midshipman there. There are a few we need to watch out for. There
> two mages on aboard, then there are Ez and Bez little green guys who are
> psychics, then the Captian is a Lizard Man eerr woman rather and the
> few people with minor psychic abilities."
> [/Lyle]

> [Ted]
> "Doubtless, the psychics can sense our movements and intentions,"
> Ted surmises. He turns to Owen and Koba. "Can you guys neutralize
> these psychics somehow? Mask our presence or something?"

> "I think we need to head for the bridge," the scout states. "I believe
> we will have a better idea exactly what is going on there than the
> bridge. I only have eight stun grenade warheads though."
> [/Alex]

[Carlos]
"I'm running seriously low on ammo as well." Carlos says.  "If there's an
armory around here somewhere, maybe we can stock up."
[/Carlos]

> [Koba]
> "I can't do much about that. I don't ever go into other's minds. All I think
> of doing is splitting up their forces. We have a lot of people to be crammed
> together in these tight hallways of the sub. We need to split up and divide
> the defenders as well. I'll take a group to the engineering room and you can
> head to the bridge. Whoever gets there first, blows the balast and sets the
> ship for the surface. Who would come with me to the engines?"
> [/Koba]

> [Carlos]
> "I'll come with you to the engine room." Carlos says.  "Looks like a
> bit of a climb though."
> [/Carlos]

> [Alex]
> "I think we should all stay together. If the engine room is where everybody
> thinks is best, I will come too." Alex responds

> "What about our friend here?"
> [/Ted]

> [Owen]
> "I can put her to sleep.  Anyone have any rope to tie her up?"  Owen
> will use Induce Sleep to put her under.
> [/Owen]

[GM]
The young woman seems to fight it for a moment, but then passes out.
[/GM]

[Carlos]
Carlos pulls some rope out of his pack and promptly ties
[/Carlos]

> [...]
> our way there. We should take at least two groups and take two different
> routes. We could disable the ship from the engine room, but the only way to
> get control is to get to the bridge. If one team fails, the other could
> still stop the ship. I say we split up."
> [/Koba]

> [Lyle]
> "I think we have no choice but to split up. We need to stop the
> descent of the sub before we piledrive into the sea floor or the hull
> gets compromised. Koba, Carlos and myself will head down to the engine
> room, blow the ballast and shut the engines down. The rest of you can
> head to the bridge and deal with this Control. Once we blow the
> ballast, we can get back to the bridge to help. I've been on the ship
> for months now I know my way around so barring any major obstacles we
> can get to bridge pretty quick."
>
> "Koba is right. The sub is tight quarters all throughout. I can't tell
> you how many times I cracked my skull on the water tight doors when
> there wasn't an emergency. Be careful with the gun fire in here. Those
> pipes over head aren't for show and are either high pressure steam or
> return lines. If they break we have an issue on our hands, not enough
> to kill us but its not good especially . Alot of the non structural
> parts of this sub aren't reinforced like the hull, so a stray laser
> shot will go through a couple rooms. The med bay is half way between
> here and the bridge. The armory is right behind the bridge. All of the
> weapons are stored there. The watertight doors can be closed and
> barred if you need them to be, but we need a way back and there are
> only so many routes to the bridge."
>
> "Let's try not to kill the crew, whatever is onboard is controlling
> them. Most of them pose no threat to us physically."
> [/Lyle]

> [Raven]
> "Without my magic I am limited in what I can do... However, I'd be
> willing to go with the half to get to the bridge. I can still shoot."
> [/Raven]

> [Ted]
> "I can lead the strike against the bridge," the reptilian mercenary
> volunteers, "although I suspect it will be the easier objective to reach.
> Owen and Raven, will you join me?"
> [/Ted]

> [Owen]
> "I will go to the bridge with Ted and Raven."
> [/Owen]

> [Koba]
> With the groups set, Koba checks the charge in his E-Clip for the pistol.
> Unable to get back to his armor in the room, Koba will concentrate to bring
> a small field of electricty surounding him. It makes the hair on those
> around him stand on end. "Lets, get moving before someone else comes looking
> for us. You might want to try to silently secure the armory first otherwise
> you may face heavily armed crew members." Turning to his group, "Go ahead

OOC: Okay, here's how things line up.  Koba, Carlos and Lyle are going
to the engine room.  I'll add Talas to that group, to even things out.
 Ted, Owen, Raven and Alex will head to the bridge.

mightymartianca at gmail.com