[Taocow PBEM] Fwd: Book 3 - Chapter III

Kitsune kitsunefx at netzero.net
Sun Jun 13 21:08:51 BST 2010

[Alex]
Alex does not really 'trust' what is going on here. She will watch these
new people warily and use her telepathy to scan the various individuals.
She will ask at the same time, "What is going on?"
[/Alex]

Aaron Clausen wrote:
> [GM]
> Even as Koba asks the question, a missile streaks from one of the flying
> bots, hits the bottom floor of the hotel.  The entire side of the hotel that
> the company's rooms had been on disappears in an explosion, and then
> the hotel finally collapses.  If Raven was in there, it was unlikely that
> she survived.
>
> One of the men looks back.  "If ye lost one of yours, then be thankful that's
> all ye lost.  Many folk around here are going to be much worse off, eh?
> Do na tarry, lest ye wake up in Splynn bein' auctioned to the highest bidder.
> Or worse."
>
> The only fortunate thing about the explosion is that it's made everything
> so chaotic, smoky and ash-filled that no one is likely to even be seeing
> them depart.  The down side is, of course, that the company cannot
> see where they are either.  Still the two men lead them on through
> the choking smoke.  About all they can tell is that they are on a pebble
> path, that the ocean is to their left and that tall looming shadows suggest
> a cliff to their right.
>
> Above can now be heard a pitched air battle.  Explosions light up the
> smoke, and the smell of burning fuel and plastic fill the air.  Meanwhile
> the path becomes steeper and the going slower.  Finally it flattens out
> and they are on a sandy beach.  In the distance, through the thick fog
> and smoke can be seen a number of figures.
>
> Again Owen and Alex's sixth sense goes off.  They have just enough time
> to warn the others when there is a loud explosion above their heads, and
> then a large piece of flaming metal comes crashing down just feet away
> from them.
>
> Their guides wipe their brows.  "Close one, eh!" the short one says to
> the tall one.  "Aye!  That it was, Lemmy" the taller one says.
>
> Then both turn around, guns in hand.  Behind them the shapes
> materialize into a dozen of the ape-like creatures they'd seen
> above, heavily armored and heavily armed.
>
> "Here they are." the short one says.  "Just like we promised.
> Now could we have the gold ye promised."

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope of reward,
then we are a sorry lot indeed -
- Albert Einstein, German-born American Physicist

Kitsune
Email:     kitsune at addr.com or kitsunefx at netzero.net
Homepage:  http://www.kitsune.addr.com/