[Taocow PBEM] Book 3 - Chapter V

Aaron Clausen mightymartianca at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 20:04:23 UTC 2011

OOC: And now on to a new chapter...

[GM]
The company makes their way out of the tunnel and to the surface. Though
Alex and Lady Frost have seen the sight above, the others have not.  The
forest has literally engulfed the land all about, and the grassy plain
where they had fought the Splugorth minions a few hours before is
nowhere to be seen.  It is night now, and off in the distance can be
heard a strange, almost angry buzzing.
[/GM]

[Father Montessoro]
The Wolfen priest listens for a moment, and then says urgently to
everyone else, "We must be on our way before the sun sets, or we shall
be attacked.  Pay your last respects to your comrade." he says, pointing
to a mound in the distance, that has a white cross atop it.
[/Father Montessoro]

[GM]
As the company approaches the mound they can see written on it "EQUES
POPULO * REQUIEM IN PACE".

With the Father's urging they press on, making for the grassy plain that
must lay somewhere ahead.  It is a full ten minutes before they reach
it.  Here and there they can still see smoldering wreckage of the
Kittani aircraft, and other vast scorch marks.  Fires burn off in the
distance, and, as the sun sets, they can see a vast column of smoke from
several miles to the west.

The knights are aghast.  "They're burning towns.  Those filthy Splugorth
are burning towns."

One of them turns to the company.  "We must hasten northward to New
Camelot.  Will you come to be judged.  We shall speak in your defense
and tell how you fought the Splugorth?  You have among you a noble from
across the Ocean.  We can also tend to your injured."

He points to the elf, Arsandel, who shivers violently after the loss of
his arm, and to Lieutenant Etta Alma, the pilot of the submarine that
had brought them to England, who has yet to regain consciousness.

"We will not prevent you from going your way." he says. "Indeed we could
not.  But it is the law of our land that those who walk in it seek the
leave of the King or His lords."
[/GM]

[Louissa]
"I've said my piece." Louissa says.  "I think we should head for New
Camelot.  Alex can plead her case, and the Ambassador of my kingdom will
speak in her behalf.  Then we can find some rest, resupply and figure
out what to do next."
[/Louissa]

mightymartianca at gmail.com