[Seth-Trips] ATC 5: DMCA mock trial, Friday, Pasadena

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Tue May 18 11:34:47 PDT 2004

(I just submitted this as a slashdot story; I hope it gets published.)

Caltech and Loyola Law School students will argue Friday over a
scenario in which a student creates a distributed computing application
to crack DRM systems, leading to DMCA criminal prosecution of everyone
involved. Those in the Los Angeles area might enjoy attending the 5th
annual "At the Crossroads" mock trial (free, Friday May 21 at Caltech in
Pasadena).

The case will have many realistic touches. A real Federal judge will
hear it; the prosecution will be advised by L.A. Federal prosecutors and
the defense by an EFF attorney. Expert testimony for the prosecution
will be given by MPAA's Brad Hunt and for the defense by EFF's Seth
Schoen.

http://techlaw.lls.edu/events/atc2004/index.html

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Very frankly, I am opposed to people