[Seth-Trips] LUNCHTIME LIBERTIES * May 19: "Internet Privacy in the Workplace"

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Tue May 10 23:29:55 PDT 2005

I'm going to be speaking about some employment topics that are not really
my specialty but are pretty interesting.  This is next week in the
South of Market.

----- Forwarded message from Josh Wilson <diy at artsandmedia.net> -----

Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 11:30:18 -0700
To: josh-w at pacbell.net
From: Josh Wilson <diy at artsandmedia.net>
Subject: LUNCHTIME LIBERTIES * May 19: "Internet Privacy in the Workplace"

Hey pals of Indy Arts & Media -- we have a new third Thursday lunchtime lecture series happening at the new CounterPULSE space (1310 Mission St x 9th St.). The topic in general is rights and liberties in wartime America.

We debut on May 19 w/ a conversation about "Electronic Privacy in the Workplace" ... if you find this topic worthy, please spread the word, and RSVP if you want to make the scene.

[...]

  LUNCHTIME LIBERTIES * A Forum for Dialog and Ideas
  <http://artsandmedia.net/> * Independent Arts & Media

Coming up May 19, Independent Arts & Media presents ...

"KNOW YOUR RIGHTS: Internet Privacy in the Workplace"
<http://artsandmedia.net/cgi-bin/dc/iam/2005/05/lunchtime_liberties>

   A conversation led by Seth Schoen
   Chief Technologist, Electronic Frontier Foundation

   THURSDAY, MAY 19, 2005
   12 noon * Bring your lunch!
   CounterPULSE, 1310 Mission Street (x 9th St.), SF
   FREE ($3 donation requested by CounterPULSE)

   RSVP -- space is limited!:

   KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!

   -- If you write a personal email at work, who owns the words?

   -- If you browse the Internet during your lunch hour, who's
      tracking your online travels?

   -- If you write about your job in a personal online journal or
      blog, can your thoughts be held against you?

   Join Seth Schoen of the Electronic Frontier Foundation for a
   brown-bag lunch and discussion of electronic and Internet
   privacy in today's wired workplace.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

   WHAT IS LUNCHTIME LIBERTIES?

   Independent Arts & Media is excited to debut a monthly dialog
   series at the new CounterPULSE space in San Francisco. It's called
   "Lunchtime Liberties," a participatory forum for learning about --
   and defending -- your civil rights.

   Every third Thursday we'll be featuring a different guest speaker
   on diverse issues of liberty and freedom in wartime America. Bring
   your brown-bag lunch and a handful of burning questions, and join
   the conversation!

   To stay up to date on future dialog events from IAM, subscribe
   to our free newsletter:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

-TELL a friend: Please forward this freely.

-SUBSCRIBE for free:

-SPEAK your mind! Your comments are always welcome:
  feedback -AT- artsandmedia -DOT- net

-PRIVACY: We do not share or sell our email lists.

-THANKS: Email list powered by Group D Communications:
  <http://groupd.com/>

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Very frankly, I am opposed to people